Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can dental work (such as tooth extractions) be done at the hospital?

I am absolutely petrified of dentists (infact in some cases I'd rather pain than the dentist) - as a result some of my teeth are actually very bad.





Not only do I have a fear of needles (particularly in the mouth) it is everything else I cannot stand in the slightest.





Therefore, is it possible to have some dental work (such as tooth extractions) done under anesthetic (i.e. asleep!) at hospital?





This would really be the only way I would allow tooth extractions.





Any ideas?

Can dental work (such as tooth extractions) be done at the hospital?
Yes. Discuss this with an Oral Surgeon (Dentist with extra training for surgery). They often use hospital facilities for dental surgery. Some oral surgeons have Operating Rooms in their offices. These ORs are equipped similar to hospital ORs - anesthetists, etc.
Reply:I was referred to a dentist at Interface where they do some dental surgery on the premises. He decided since all my teeth needed to be removed he would do it in the hospital. I too was petrified of dentists but now I wouldn't be afraid to have it done again if I had to. Try and find a clinic like Interface. They are great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net