Monday, May 17, 2010

Dental work when TTC & not sure if you are Pregnant yet or not?

I have only been TTC for 2 weeks. I have BD 9 out of last 11 days. I am using a fertility chart so I probably am NOT since my days to BD are not until this weekend but there is always a chance. So I have a back tooth that had a root canal twice (neither time worked). The infections and all have drug on for 1.5 years off and on. So I went today to have the tooth removed as it's infected again they said NO since there was even a chance of pregnancy. Said they can't do any dental procedure during first trimester. Has any one had dental problems during pregnancy? How did you handle it? Thanks for your input and baby dust to all.

Dental work when TTC %26amp; not sure if you are Pregnant yet or not?
Mostly this is because of the fear of old mercury fillings, which you probably have somewhere in your mouth, and most likely in the area of the root canal. Why do you think the doctor's wear masks on THEIR faces :) But seriously, it's a considered health risk. I would make an appointment for 5 days after your next period is due, so that it's the closest possible date (to get you out of this predicament) but if you did get pregnant this cycle you would probably know by then and could cancel without penalty. Meanwhile, can they give you something for the inflammation that's baby-friendly?
Reply:I had a root canal when I was a couple of weeks pregnant and didn't know it. I m/c but I don't think it was because of the root canal. I would wait until either AF comes or you are sure that your not. Its not worth the risk.

gas scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net