Monday, May 17, 2010

Dental question just had bridge work??

My back tooth was cracked and they couldn't save it. So I had to get that removed and my baby tooth that was next to it. For some reason i still had my baby tooth and i'm 24 years old lol. So they removed both teeth and put in a temporary bridge...My question is the permanent bridge going to feel better then this temporary bridge? This temp bridge is kinda sharp on my toungue and I'm just worried that the permanent one is going to feel the same.





Also my dental insurance didn't cover it and I had to pay 3300.00 =(

Dental question just had bridge work??
The permanent bridge will be smooth. Either polished metal or covered with a porcelain jacket depending on what you paid for.





If there is a sharp spot on your temp, you should go back to your dentist and have that sharp spot polished off. Adjustments like that are easy and takes 10 minutes.
Reply:the permenant bridge will feel much better, right now the one you have probably feels rough or porous..your new bridge is going to feel smooth and glasslike, just like the rest of your teeth and in time you wont even notice its there, feel just like the rest of your teeth..ive had a bridge done as well so besides being a dental assistant i know what your going thruogh....since your paying that kind of money for the work i do recommend that you go back to that dental office and get that sharp edge smoothed done, you could just go there and they will do it for you,(seen it happen before cause you were numb and didnt notice it before:)) otherwise that sharp edge is going to drive you crazy within a week..


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net